Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Fight against Anger - Archim. Thaddeus Vitovnitsky (Strbulovich) ('Thank the Lord')

 


Fight against Anger

How should you fight against anger? Father Thaddeus raised this question himself, as if knowing that I was going to ask him. He gave me the example of two monks of the Holy Mountain who fought against the temptation of anger for 14 years. Once the Lord Jesus Christ appeared to one of them and said that anger is conquered by giving up one's own desires and will.

If we do not put ourselves in the place of the judge and be exalted before others, there will be no anger. It's the same with non-peace; our non-peaceful thoughts cause anxiety in the people with whom we communicate. It is necessary to learn to control your thoughts, to bring order to them, then the thoughts of other people will not harm us. One must learn Christ's simplicity. It often happens that when we are going to visit someone, we already think in advance that perhaps we will interfere with him, and then our visit does not work out as it should, because we come in embarrassment and make on the one to whom we came, negative action.

There is no humility until the heart calms down and begins to dispassionately perceive external influences. Such a state is not easy to achieve, and it does not mean insensitivity to the pain and suffering of others, but indifference to our own demands, which often cause our suffering.




4U2C

4U2C

A Prayer Before Communion
by St Dimitry of Rostov


Open, O doors and bolts of my heart
that Christ the King of Glory may enter!
Enter, O my Light and enlighten my darkness;
enter, O my Life, and resurrect my deadness;
enter, O my Physician and heal my wounds;
enter, O Divine Fire, and burn up the thorns of my sins;
ignite my inward parts and my heart with the flame of Thy love;
enter, O my King, and destroy in me the kingdom of sin;
sit on the throne of my heart and [You] alone reign in me,
O Thou, my King and Lord.



To DOWNLOAD – a PHP /pdf/ Book on 10 Miracle-Working Icons of Theotokos



А има ли друг баир оттатък смъртта?
- Стойко Попович (в писмо до сина си [Георги] Сава Раковски)



БОЖИЕТО / OF GOD
Higgs Boson / Holy Sepulchre / the Eye / Aurora Borealis / Rock (Mauritania)
www.revolvermaps.com/?target=enlarge&i=2dr1igobw8i&nostars=true&color=00fff6&m=0&ref=null