Wednesday, November 15, 2023

"Chapters on Knowledge" by St. Isaac the Syrian of Nineveh

 


1 .88 O Christ, who died for us by Thy love, make me dead to sin and take this old man off me, so that in a newness of mind I stand before You for all time, as if in the New Age. God , whose heaven and heavens of heaven cannot contain 16 , who has chosen from us a reasonable temple for dwelling in it, honor me to become a receptacle for your love, from the sensation of which the saints have forgotten themselves and have become insane for your sake 17 and at all times have mingled with you in intoxicated attraction to You, and never turned back again. When they were rewarded with this sweet spring, thirsting for Your love, You intoxicated them with amazement at Your mysteries.

MORAL-AND-ASCETIC WORKS
(Divine Mysteries and Spiritual Life)

– St. Isaac the Syrian of Nineveh


The complete text of the "Chapters on Knowledge" includes 400 chapters, which together make up Conversation 3 from the so-called "Second Volume" of the works of St. Isaac. 


4U2C

4U2C

A Prayer Before Communion
by St Dimitry of Rostov


Open, O doors and bolts of my heart
that Christ the King of Glory may enter!
Enter, O my Light and enlighten my darkness;
enter, O my Life, and resurrect my deadness;
enter, O my Physician and heal my wounds;
enter, O Divine Fire, and burn up the thorns of my sins;
ignite my inward parts and my heart with the flame of Thy love;
enter, O my King, and destroy in me the kingdom of sin;
sit on the throne of my heart and [You] alone reign in me,
O Thou, my King and Lord.



To DOWNLOAD – a PHP /pdf/ Book on 10 Miracle-Working Icons of Theotokos



А има ли друг баир оттатък смъртта?
- Стойко Попович (в писмо до сина си [Георги] Сава Раковски)



БОЖИЕТО / OF GOD
Higgs Boson / Holy Sepulchre / the Eye / Aurora Borealis / Rock (Mauritania)
www.revolvermaps.com/?target=enlarge&i=2dr1igobw8i&nostars=true&color=00fff6&m=0&ref=null